The kitchen of de Zwaan in Venray, the Netherlands, is a spontaneous kitchen. Influenced by flavours from the four corners of the globe. On your plate you are treated to a culinary trip around the world. Crossing borders without losing sight of its roots, the French and Dutch kitchen. The stars of the show are the locally sourced ingredients, sustainable and organic.
The best homegrown food for the least amount of food miles puts less pressure on the environment.
The kitchen is run on the Euro-Toques guilds’ philosophy and the seven commandments of head chef Ben ‘you wil not find any ghost cooking done in my kitchen’ Aerts:
1. Refined tradition
2. Respect for nature
3. Pleassure in craft translates to flavour on the plate
4. Discovery of ingredients, spices, and dishes make it exciting and challenging
5. Adventure: designing contemporary dishes
6. Warmth: pure and honest flavours, cooking from the heart
7. Belief in yourself and your staff is paramount
organic: vegetables 10%, dairy, eggs and butter 20%, cheese 50%, meat 50%, wine 10%, bread 10%, coffee and tea 80%, sustainably caught fish (rated one, and two according goedevis.nl, fair trade: coffee, tea, rice, grain, pulses, bananas, breakfast (chocolate sprinkles and spread), chocolate, Mongozo beer, green energy, eco-friendly cleaning products